School Improvement Plan 2019-2020
Our School Improvement Plan (SIP) identifies the key priorities we are focusing on to ensure continued improvement to teaching and learning and consequently the outcomes for our pupils this school year. The plan is based on careful evaluation of the school’s performance and reflects the 4 main areas identified by Ofsted.
Our school priorities for 2019 -20 are…
Quality of Education
- To increase pupils’ progress in writing through the development of purposeful and functional curriculum opportunities. (Link to priorities 4, 6, 7, 8, 12)
- To develop the Music curriculum to increase opportunities for performance, promoting social interaction, communication and self-confidence. (Link to priorities 3, 5, 6, 8, 12)
- To further develop the PE curriculum to support and improve pupils’ mental and physical health – including behaviour, engagement and weight. (Link to priorities 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12)
- To further extend the Post 16 curriculum to prepare students for adulthood and the changing opportunities at Post 19. (Link to priorities 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12)
Behaviour and Attitudes
- To further develop the staffs’ understanding of strategies to support pupils’ readiness for and engagement with learning. (Link to priorities 2, 3, 7, 8)
- To develop the pupils’ tolerance of new and novel activities – To ensure planned progression for community visits. (Link to priorities 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12)
- To further develop independence to improve life chances and reduce vulnerability. (Link to priorities 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 12)
- To build on and extend social interactions across classes and Bases during both in and out of school activities. (Link to priorities 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12)
Leadership & Management
- The Local Governing Body to provide even greater challenge to support school improvement – through consistent triangulation of information.
- To ensure there is succession for the Chair for the Local Governing Body .
- To further develop the Middle Leadership team to develop and embed effective systems which support the workload and well being of staff.
- Subject Leaders to ensure consistency and coherence within their subject area across the Key Stages. – review and monitor lesson planning, delivery and assessment of their own subject area. (Link to priorities 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8)