High Park Social Emotional and Mental Health Provision for Parents and Carers
• Social, emotional and mental health and wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do.
• Responding to the social, emotional and mental health needs of all our parents/ carers is everyone’s responsibility.
• Every parent or carer is made to feel welcome within school and treated with dignity and respect
• Their opinions and parent voice are valued; we recognise parents as knowledgeable professionals who know their child the best
• Positive and trusting relationships are built between High Park staff and parents and carers – leaders within the school work hard to promote a culture where all staff are empathic and respectful of the challenges our families could face at home
All parents or carers access:
• Daily communication via the home school diary
• Regular wellbeing phone calls
• Newsletters and other key information sent home
• Termly parents’ evenings
• Parent coffee mornings, workshops, training
• EHCP meetings – which take place within a supportive and familiar environment with refreshments at a time / day that as much as possible accommodate what works best for the family
• Opportunities to access holiday activities within the community with their child and siblings
• Information shared on the school website and social media linked to supportive organisations and resources
Additional wellbeing support can be found on the services listed below:
Text ‘Shout’ to 85258 if you’re struggling to cope.
Call CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably) for men on 0800 585858. There’s also a live chat 5pm to midnight.